Playing the myVegas app on Facebook or the app on your cellphone is a great way to earn free rooms in Las Vegas. You can also earn free food, free drinks, free ride admission, free tickets to shows and much more. Here’s what myVegas is and how to get it.
What is myVegas?
myVegas is an online slot machine application that is totally free. You can play it on both Facebook and on your mobile device. It was created and is supported by MGM Resorts International so everything on myVegas is legitimate.
It functions much like other apps where you get time-refreshed “clickies” that pay you chips so you can bet them in slot machines.
For each coin you bet, you work towards earning Loyalty Points. When you have enough Loyalty Points, cash them in for free hotel rooms in Vegas or free tickets to shows or free food and so much more.
How to Get Started
If you have a Facebook account you can navigate to the Facebook app here.
Once it’s set up, there is a brief tutorial on how to play the slot machines and what each of the buttons represents. It’s fairly straightforward. Select your bet, then click “Spin”.
The first machine you’ll have access to is the Excalibur slot machine, a medieval-themed slot where you play as a night trying to rescue/woo the princess.
As you level up, you will unlock other themed slot machines with some based on the hotels on the Las Vegas strip. Each one offers different mini-game bonus rounds.
myStrip and Collecting Coins
After a few spins on the Excalibur slot, you will gain access to myStrip. This is where you work towards building new hotels and where you collect coins through clicking on the hotels and buildings you have already built (what I refer to as “clickies”).
This works in much the same way as Farmville and many of the other Facebook games out there; these clickies refresh after a period of time, so you can log back in and collect from them again.
Each building has a different timer, the smaller value hotels (the ones that only give out 50 or so coins per click) have a timer of around an hour. The larger value hotels can have upwards of an 8 hour timer.
Other Ways to Get Coins
There are also a few other ways to earn coins:
- Win them on the slot machines
- Spin the daily bonus wheel once a day
- Receive daily gifts from friends who also play
- On your Facebook news feed, click any of the myVegas posts from your friends that says “Collect X FREE chips!”
- Like the official myVegas app page and be sure to check their posts, they always provide a link at the bottom of each post giving away free chips
- The myVegas app page will also send out emails with free chips
- Inviting friends and having them sign up
- Leveling up
- Building new hotels on myStrip (by collecting “V”‘s on the slot machines)
- Signing up for one of their partner’s services, located on the bottom right of the screen
- You can also purchase them for real money (not recommended)
Loyalty points are the valuable part of myVegas. Loyalty Points are what you trade in to earn free hotel rooms in Vegas and all the other things they offer. They are the gold-colored coins and your total is located on the top right of the screen.
There are a few ways to earn Loyalty Points:
- A fraction of the coins bet on slots will be paid out as Loyalty Points
- Be lucky enough that the daily spin lands on Loyalty Points instead of coins
- Sometimes the clickies will pay out Loyalty Points instead of coins
- Receiving a daily gift from friends who also play
- Leveling up
- Building new hotels on myStrip
- Play the mobile version of myVegas (explanation in the next section)
- Purchase them for real money (not recommended)
myVegas Mobile App
There is also a mobile version of myVegas that is available for most cellphones and tablet devices.
It works under the same principles: bet coins to earn Loyalty Points and work towards leveling up.
If you sync it with Facebook (and you should) it will share Loyalty Points across both the mobile version and the Facebook version. It will NOT share the regular coins however.
On the mobile version, you only collect once an hour and it’s a paltry amount.
You do get a daily bonus spin, though, that sometimes lands on Loyalty Points, which is a great way to boost your LP amount.
You also can work towards goals on myStrip. These are usually tasks like “Collect 100 Ice Cream Cones on New York, New York” and other simple things. When you achieve these you earn both coins and Loyalty Points.
I use the mobile version as a “supplement” to the Facebook version. I sign in once a day, do my daily bonus spin, collect my hourly coins and then do a few spins trying to accomplish my current task on myStrip.
I merely use it as a way to earn a few Loyalty Points here and there, I do not spend a lot of time on it as it seems nearly impossible to not run out of chips so quickly.
My advice is to play both, but spend most of your time on the Facebook version.
Using Loyalty Rewards to Earn Free Hotel Rooms in Vegas (and More!)
I’ll be upfront with you, you’re going to need a LOT of Loyalty Points to get anything good, but it is possible to earn enough if you are consistent. Here’s a quick sampling of the lower-end rooms they are offering right now:
And prices only go up from there, for instance if you want a free weekend night stay at New York, New York, be ready to shell out 101,500 Loyalty Points. It’s definitely doable, but it’ll take quite a bit of time for you to accumulate that much.
The rewards are not limited to just rooms, they also offer free food, free show admittance, free attractions, free monorail passes and more. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the better rewards and how much they current cost:
- 1 standard ticket to Zoomanity: 28,000
- 1 standard ticket to KA: 40,000
- 1 standard ticket to LOVE: 40,000
- Two dinner buffet passes to Circus Circus: 42,000
- One lunch buffet at The Mirage: 17,500
- Comp entry for two at LAX (Luxor): 9,000
- One pass to Shark Reef: 12,500
- $25 in free play at Luxor: 32,500
Some easy-to-get, cheap, money-saving rewards:
- BOGO standard ticket to Zoomanity: 4,000
- 2 for 1 dinner buffet at Circus Circus: 5,500
- 25% off room rate at Excalibur: 1,000
- 2 for 1 roller coaster ride at New York, New York: 2,500
Stay tuned, in future posts I will show you the best strategies for earning Loyalty Points, the quickest ways to accumulate coins and the exact process you go through to redeem Loyalty Points for myVegas rewards.